background

Monday, February 9, 2009

A little about me...

Okay, so I realized that through all of this, there are very little pictures of me or things that represent me. So I decided for today's post and picture I would talk a little bit about myself instead of boring everyone with more basketball pictures and stories! So here we go...

As I was working today I thought about my job and what all I do in a day and I decided to document them for my post today. As almost everyone who knows me knows that I worked at Western Texas College for 7 years and then this past summer I was given the opportunity to come out and work at Hermleigh and I jumped at the chance to be with my family. It has been one of the best moves I could have made because I am always there for the kids or Bryan.

So here is a brief glimpse of my day...

My computer, I can not live without it and it is how the majority of my day is spent. Also, my office is not neat, I am a 'heavy' drinker (notice the two cups), and I have some kind of weird obsession with post it notes!


This was today's project, the AEIS (Academic Excellence Indicator System) Report booklets...Fun, Fun!The mail, another project, although this one is daily. The mail is delivered to my office and I sort through it and then take it to the teacher's workroom where I then distribute it. Luckily, today was a light mail day, usually Monday's are 2 bins worth. YEA!



Another daily project of mine is these wonderful little sheets of paper, they are my lunch counts. I keep track of how many kids eat in the cafeteria everyday, their lunch account balances and lunch tickets. This project alone takes a good 2-3 hours of my day.

Finally, one of my favorite things in my office is my cardinal cookie jar (it is actually Bryan's, a gift from his dad) but I keep it in my office loaded with candy. This keeps the teachers coming in my office pretty often throughout the day and it encourages 3 very special visitors that come in to raid my jar every chance they get! That is what makes work fun for me so that it doesn't always feel like work!

Finally, this wouldn't be a post if I didn't include at least one basketball picture...after all, tonight was Baylee's last game of the Junior High season. So, a pic from tonight's game...we WON!! Only our second win of the JH season.


That is my baby, #11, shooting the ball, it didn't make it, but look at that form...IMPRESSIVE! There must have been something wrong with the ball, the basket or something, because it looked good to us!!

1 comment:

thezalmans said...

You could have just said she made it, and we all would have been happy! Sorry, I didn't make it out there...I hope she still loves me!