background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday

It's a Birthday Party!



Landry had a great birthday party with family on Sunday. He made quite a haul also, he couldn't wait to count all his money after the party, he had $70 cash and $35 in wal-mart gift cards (which he always makes me include in the cash total!). So I would say his 8th birthday was quite a success!

Cute story about my kiddo...

Landry is an EXTREMELY money savvy kid, he always has a running total of the exact amount of money he is supposed to have, and you can't borrow from him either, even a quarter because he will harp on you until you pay it back. He also is quite a saver, he wants to look around for the better deal on everything and then wants you to pay for it! (that is exactly how he saves money!) Some day he needs to find a job that pays really well and a wife who doesn't want to spend any of it. We were shopping one day and I came across a really good deal at JCPenney's ($1.97 racks on everything!!! fabulous isn't it!) and of course I bought a rather large stack of clothes for the kids and the receipt always tells you how much you saved and on this particular trip I saved like $398.00. I was telling this amount to Bryan and Landry looked at me and told me, "But, you would have saved more if you just stayed at home." Okay, so the kid better enjoy living with mom and dad for a very long time because with an attitude like that, he isn't going to find a wife!

1 comment:

thezalmans said...

He will make a GREAT husband someday!!! I am just thankful I am his AUNT!!! :)